Process Engineer – Duncan, South Carolina
Are you driven by technology and process improvement? Do you have an interest in R&D, but would thrive in a production environment with hands-on involvement in the manufacturing process? Ionbond is seeking a Process Engineer to work side-by-side with the Plant Manager and entire local team to continually develop the Ionbond™ family of coatings and services. If you have a background in engineering and quality systems, and can bring your curiosity, perseverance, openness to challenges and commitment to quality, then this role could be a perfect career opportunity for you. This position reports to the Plant Manager of the Coating Center located in Duncan.
Ionbond is a global, yet local acting, company where we work in a technical innovative environment. Our employees make a difference for companies in medical, automotive, aerospace, and decorative industries with providing thin-film coating services. We operate 35 coating centers in 15 countries over 3 continents. Our coatings are used to improve durability, quality, functionality, efficiency and aesthetics of tools and components. Ionbond is a global leader in PVD, CVD and PACVD coating technologies.
What defines this job?
- Be the primary technical resource for the plant in developing, planning, mentoring, and coaching in all steps involved in the production of surface engineered solutions in PVD coating operations.
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements in plant performance to optimize product volume, quality yields, and flow in accordance with business needs and requirements
- Assist Plant Management, U.S. Corporate Engineering, and local Sales Manager in application development and scale-up of major programs
- Use statistical techniques to improve process capability, use failure analysis methodology to investigate, and find root causes.
- Recommend/implement equipment and/or process modifications and upgrades for continuous improvement.
- Maintain and work according to Ionbond Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 90001
- Use Lean Manufacturing principles such as 5S, Kanban, and Value Stream Mapping
- Train plant personnel on QMS procedures and work instructions related to manufacturing processes
- Other related duties as apparent or assigned
What do we offer?
Our employees are our single most valuable assets! We strive to make Ionbond a great place to work including:
- International and local growth opportunities
- Diverse work environment where we embrace teamwork and innovation that drives us towards new applications and customer service excellence
- Competitive compensation package: salary based on experience and educational credentials
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits with affordable premiums and annual deductibles
- Flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Life insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Safe Harbor Retirement Account plus company match
- Bonus plan eligibility
What do we ask?
The preferred candidate will have the following: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Materials Science/Metallurgy, or Plasma Physics. Minimum three years' experience working in the vacuum coating field with emphasis in metallurgical applications. Hands on knowledge of PVD coatings and coating systems is preferred. Working knowledge of ISO 90001 quality standards. Strong problem-solving skills using industry standards such as 8D, Fishbone, Five Why's or similar tools. Experience with PFMEA or other risk management analysis. Working knowledge of mechanical design with a proficiency in AutoCAD or similar software program. Experience leading small to medium sized projects using Project Management tools. Strong communication skills; both verbal and written. Strong work ethic, attention to detail, organization, and time management skills. Able to travel throughout the U.S. and/or internationally as needed (minimally, 10%.) Able to pass a background check and be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Interested in this job?
Please send your resume by email to this site: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Ihi-Ionbond-Inc.-1/jobs
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency